Tire Technician - El Cajon
Daily inspection of fleet tires. Maintain, replace and repair tires as needed for all company vehicles. Maintain tires accordingly to DOT specifications and regulations. Operate the tire balancer change machine.
Essential Job Functions:
- Inspect and repair tires
- Know how to mount and dismount wheel ends
- Safely lift vehicle
- Monitor tread depth for entire fleet
- Organize tire inventory
- Replace Studs
- Ability to use wheel balancer
- Ability dismount machine
- Manual/wonder bar (dismount & remount)
- Ability to patch and plug tires
- Ability to visually inspect brakes when tires are off the vehicles
- Complete work orders
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be a self-starter and able to follow rigorous schedule
- Should own inch tool gun (or hand/power)
- Use of power tools
- Must submit to a background check
- Must successfully pass a drug and alcohol test
- Possession of a valid CA Driver License
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of the work
- Must be dependable, have a good attitude and good organizational skills
- Must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United State
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of tread depth gage & pressure gage
- Knowledge of rim sizes
- Hand tools inch air gun
Work is performed primarily in a shop environment; Chemicals (Proposition 65 Regulations) occasional field environment with some travel from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; incumbents may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a mechanic shop environment; walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, and twist; push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 60 to 135 pounds; operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.