The Operations Specialist is responsible for scheduling and dispatching drivers to the appropriate locations and times in accordance with the charters booked with our company including the distribution of all necessary paperwork for proper completion of assignments. The Operations Specialist must maintain, and file all associated documents and generate all required reports daily, weekly, monthly and annually.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The below list is not all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
- Dispatch equipment and drivers by providing necessary work orders and other information for proper completion of assignments.
- Ensure necessary changes are communicated and minimized.
- Maintain communications with operations manager, maintenance department, sales department, and human resources department.
- Maintain familiarity with all routes and assigned changes or special instructions.
- Interface with the client or on-site customer representative when necessary.
- Update road failure and accident reports when applicable.
- Communicate any significant occurrence to the Operations Manager, Charter Operations Manager, and Director of Operations via email or telephone.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Show a willingness to be a part of a team and assume the role of team leader if asked.
- Maintain a cooperative and professional relationship with all other company employees in order to foster a comfortable, productive, and efficient work environment. Assist in projects or additional work from other departments as needed.
- Manage competing demands. Change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Demonstrate trustworthiness, responsible behavior, and sound decision making.
- Perform all job responsibilities with the safety of our employees, passengers, and the general public as the paramount focus and most critical company responsibility.
- Update and communicate changes to upcoming booking and ensure accuracy. Update schedule in accordance with all changes, informing the manager or director of any conflicts that arise.
- Performs additional duties and assignments as directed by the Charter Operations Manager.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED.
- 2 years of transportation industry experience (knowledge/familiarity with DOT regulations and driver hours of service requirements).
The work environment normally entails the following:
- Indoor work environment.
- Moderate Noise.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, team members are
expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.