Director of Safety & Training - National City
Director of Safety and Training (Transportation)reports to the General Managerand is responsible for direction, coordination, and administration of all safety and training matters affecting the employees. This includes the development, management, coordination and oversight of Safety and Training programs.
- Identify and develop safety and training needs of all employees.
- Develop, identify and or secure safety and training programs for employees.
- Conduct and/or coordinate safety and training sessions as required for the employees.
- Ensure all employees are compliant with the safety and training requirements for specific positions or employee(s).
- Ensure contracted service providers are compliant with the safety and training expectations.
- Integrate the Companys goals promoting customer service, safety, and diversity in all training programs conducted for employees.
- Identify outside safety and training resources and as delegated by the President/CEO, coordinate the use of the resources.
- Develop, manage and control employee safety and training records and files in accordance with Division objectives as well as state and federal mandates.
- Training new hires & retraining (example but not limited to: accidents/log violations/customer service complaints, etc) current drivers.
- Maintaining and updating Driving Training Manual.
- Implementing and enforcing Company policies & procedures.
- Ensures that federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules are observed.
- Will incur traveling between all company sites. May also require traveling for training classes and/or company meetings, which may incur overnight stays and/or flights.
- Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, or technical problems).
- Work may be performed at various company sites. Maybe required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
QUALIFICATIONS/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Must be a self-starter and self-motivator.
Ability to plan, initiates, direct, and carry out short and long-term programs.
Must demonstrate qualities of leadership and administrative ability.
Requires knowledge for DOT and FMCSA Regulations.
Experience in public or private sector with background in local, state or federal
government, public administration and/or public transit management is preferred.
Must submit to a background check.
Must successfully pass a drug and alcohol test.
Preferred 5 years of motor coach and/or transit experience.
Preferred CDL with passenger endorsement, air brakes and medical card.
Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
Maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers.
Must be dependable, have a good attitude and good organizational skills.
Must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.
The Director should possess the skills to be able to assess safety and training needs for adiversified work force.
Should possess skills in maximizing his or her potential to promote productivity and positive morale.
Must be able to possess the skills to conduct safety and training and educational programs involving making presentations covering various topics.
Should be a person with a solid understanding and respect for the differences of roles between management, supervisory and line personnel.
Must have the ability to interface with all employees representing various positions throughout the organization/company.
Should have the ability to command the respect of his or her peers within the organization.
- Should be a person possessing those traits of honesty and integrity, creativity and flexibility that are essential to the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Training or five (5) years' experience in an industrial company with occupational Training responsibilities required or motor coach and/or transit experience.
- A comparable combination of education and experience in an industrial company will be considered.
- Strong persuasive skills in dealing with top management and with line managers and supervisors.
- Ability to organize training material into lesson plans and present the material to employees and/or line managers.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite
- Experience of DOT/CHP regulations/laws
- Experience with Zonar Platform
- Experience of Cal OSHA regulations
Primary functions require standing, walking, and sitting for prolonged periods of time. May require occasionally kneeling, crawling, climbing, reaching, and twisting; pushing, pulling, lifting, and/or carrying 40 pounds of safety and training/office materials.
See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Sun Diego Charter is seeking to hire a full time Director of Safety & Training for ourNational City location.