Charter Bus Driver
Are you an enthusiastic transit driver, school bus operator, or motor coach driver with a strong emphasis on transportation, safety, and customer service? Do you dream of navigating the roads in a luxurious motorcoach bus, exploring new destinations each day? Sun Diego Charter presents an exciting opportunity for individuals like you. With us, you won't have to contend with discourteous passengers or monotonous routes that trap you in traffic for prolonged periods. As a valued member of the Sun Diego Charter team, you are not just a driver; you are an integral part of a distinctive culture that sets us apart from other companies in the industry.
Since 1997, Sun Diego Charter has been a trusted provider of charter bus transportation services in Southern California and San Diego. Operating 24/7 from our National City location, we collaborate extensively with the United States military, destination management and tour group companies, corporate entities, and sports teams. Our services play a crucial role in supporting the tourism and hospitality industries. If you are eager to advance your commercial driving career and be part of one of the top workplaces of 2023, we strongly encourage you to consider joining our team.
Starting the new year on a positive note is essential, and taking the first step by completing our application below is key. Upon receiving your application, our recruiters will reach out to you within an hour to discuss the subsequent steps. We eagerly anticipate your response and the opportunity to welcome you to the Sun Diego Charter team!
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- A loaded benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & ADD Insurance, Voluntary Accident Coverage, Critical Care, EAP, and Legal Shield (Kaiser HMO and PPO Avaialable)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 401K retirement plan w/company matching
- Employer-sponsored Child Care - Includes free resource and referral services and personalized support through TOOTRiS
- Paid Holidays
- Dynamic, flexible scheduling
- Drive newer high-end equipment
- Professional Safety Support Team that provides consistent and ongoing safety training and development
- Skilled Operations Support Team
- $2,000 dollar Sign-on Bonus
- $2,000 dollar Referral Bonus
- Paid training
- $30 monthly phone allowance
- $60 Daily Per Diem when over the road
- SENTRI Pass Program
- Monday- Sunday (Must work weekends)
- Will Provide 3-5 day advance notice of the work schedule
- Bi-Weekly Pay
- 80 Hours Bi-weekly Guaranteed.
The hourly wage range that Sun Diego Charter reasonably expects to pay for the position is $24.00/hr.-$33.00/hr.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
A Charter Bus Driver operates assigned vehicles to provide ground motor coach services around San Diego and Southern California while honoring Sun Diego Charter's approach to business that starts with our commitment to safety, operational excellence, and customer service.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Safely navigate various routes through varied terrain and geographic areas.
- Interact with clients, customers, sub-contracted drivers, and fellow company drivers onsite in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Performs pre-trip transit vehicle inspections; identifies and reports safety concerns, defects and malfunctions, and other needed repairs.
- Assists passengers requiring special assistance professionally to ensure access for all passengers and promote passenger safety.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class A or B Required
- Minimum 2 Years of Commercial Driving experience
- Clean driving record K4-Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Passenger Endorsements (Required)
- Air Brake Endorsements (Required)
- Must be at least 25 years of age
For more information call 714-678-1862 (Se Habla Español) Apply online at https://jobs.sundiegocharter.com/ - OR - Apply in-person at our office located at 522 W 8th St. National City, CA 92805
At Sun Diego Charter we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Similarly, Sun Diego Charter will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to improve on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
Sun Diego Charter will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history pursuant to the California Fair Chance Act. You do not need to disclose your criminal history or participate in a background check until a conditional job offer is made to you. After making a conditional offer and running a background check, if Sun Diego Charter is concerned about a conviction that is directly related to the job, you will be given the chance to explain the circumstances surrounding the conviction, provide mitigating evidence, or challenge the accuracy of the background report. Find out more about the Fair Chance Act by visiting calcivilrights.ca.gov/fair-chance-act/.